Americas Head of Core Distribution - Eastern Region - Director
- New York, NY
Job Title: Americas Head of Core Distribution - Eastern Region
Corporate Title: Director
Location: New York, NY
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 759bn of assets under management (as of September 2020). Building on more than 60 years of experience and a reputation for excellence in Germany and across Europe, DWS has come to be recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our strategic investment approach.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with staff from 35 nationalities, speaking more than 75 languages rooted in 22 countries, we are local while being one global team.
DWS is seeking an Institutional Coverage professional in the Core Institutional team. You will be part of a deep U.S. institutional coverage team that includes relationship managers, investment specialists, and client service and support groups.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through DWS's specialized employee groups
Your Key Responsibilities:
- You will be primarily responsible for acquiring new institutional clients as well as additional revenues from an existing client base
- You will be intensely focused on asset owners and the consultants who advise them; you are self-motivated and have a strong history in, and knowledge of the institutional marketplace, particularly pensions, endowments, and foundations
- Developing business and maintaining relationships with the institutional client base in the eastern US
- Closing business and maintaining relationships with the targeted or similar institutional client base
- Knowledgeable of investment products, investor demands, and industry regulations
Your Skills and Experience:
- Previous relevant experience in the client coverage portion of the asset management industry such as a large asset manager, consultant, and/or intermediary
- Minimum a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, CFA and MBA is a plus
- Series 7 and 63
- Relationships with institutional asset owners and their consultants/advisors
- Asset management industry experience
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top