The multi-billion-dollar automotive aftermarket industry is undergoing an exciting, digital evolution, and an abundance of technology product opportunities exist to shape new ways that vehicles can be customized, managed, improved and experienced. Derive’s existing technology products bring added performance, efficiency, safety and customization to a huge number of vehicles around the world today. Derive’s future products will continue to lead the industry into new technology frontiers. We need passionate individuals to help us achieve our goals.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing specific projects through planning, execution, and monitoring.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain oversight of projects and the efficient operation of your teams.
- Implement standards and set the correct expectations for planning and execution.
- Ensure a consistent and shared understanding of best practices across teams and functions.
- Analyze and solve problems across your business area (people, structures, and processes)
- Identify and implement process improvements for the functional areas where you are engaged.
- Ensure standards for communications and reporting are being followed.
- Influence across the team leadership level to solve problems affecting how the teams you work with get work done.
- Engage with Product/Project Management leadership to understand and refer to the vision, goals, and initiatives for the organization.
- You have 3+ years experience working in a high tech company within an operational team, or in program/project management.
- You can identify and implement process design and re-engineering to achieve both incremental and transformational business impact.
- You are comfortable with and understand the importance of customer service.
- You are comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people.
- You are respectful and influential; you have the ability to push back when needed and can approach work rationally.
- You have a bias for action and work comfortably with ambiguity.
- You can analyze information to find trends or diagnose problem areas.
- You have experience defining and reporting on operational metrics and generating problem statements that are supported by data you have compiled.
- You love decomposing and defining workflows and processes.
- You develop innovative solutions and collaborate with your counterparts and cross-functional teams to implement them.
- Your project management experience includes building operational programs that are scalable, defining roadmaps and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective programs.
- You know how to manage complex cross-functional projects. You strive to meet aggressive goals, and know when to reset expectations.
- You have a system to manage change. You influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership, and a customer-focused approach.
- Experience in the automotive industry is preferred, but not required.
Meet Some of Derive Systems's Employees
Chris works directly with Derive Systems’ enterprise clients in order to determine and roadmap delivery plans for desired new products and system features.
Back to top