Product Engineering/Support Specialist
The multi-billion-dollar automotive aftermarket industry is undergoing an exciting, digital evolution, and an abundance of technology product opportunities exist to shape new ways that vehicles can be customized, managed, improved and experienced. Derive’s existing technology products bring added performance, efficiency, safety and customization to a huge number of vehicles around the world today. Derive’s future products will continue to lead the industry into new technology frontiers. We need passionate individuals to help us achieve our goals.
As a Product Engineering/Support Specialist, you will be responsible for building out environments, tools, and services that aid in the stability and support of our new flagship product.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle inbound communications from field technicians on technical issues
- Work to continually improve the quality of service offered to our internal and external customers
- Collaborate with engineering teams on product improvements, new features and capabilities
- Collaborate with business teams on processes improvements
- Develop and maintain a basic understanding of telemetry technologies
- Leverage your SQL and data analytics skills to:
- Develop tools to identify issues in the field
- Develop scripts to aid in development efforts
- Analyze and identify trends that aid as well as impede engineering efforts
- Identify options to mitigate or improve the things you uncover
- Solve problems across your business area (people, structures, and processes)
- Ensure a consistent and shared understanding of best practices across teams and functions.
- Ensure standards for communications and reporting are being followed.
- Influence across the team leadership level to solve problems affecting how the teams you work with get work done.
- You have 3+ years experience working in a high tech company on an engineering or quality assurance team.
- You can identify and implement process design and re-engineering to achieve both incremental and transformational business impact.
- You are comfortable with and understand the importance of customer service.
- You are comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people.
- You are respectful and influential; you have the ability to push back when needed and can approach work rationally.
- You have a bias for action and work comfortably with ambiguity.
- You can analyze information to find trends or diagnose problem areas.
- You have experience defining and reporting on operational metrics and generating problem statements that are supported by data you have compiled.
- You develop innovative solutions and collaborate with your counterparts and cross-functional teams to implement them.
- You know how to manage complex cross-functional projects. You strive to meet aggressive goals, and know when to reset expectations.
- You have a system to manage change. You influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership, and a customer-focused approach.
Meet Some of Derive Systems's Employees
Chris works directly with Derive Systems’ enterprise clients in order to determine and roadmap delivery plans for desired new products and system features.
Back to top