Derive Systems is a leading automotive after-market technology company with products supplying customers in many countries with custom engine control and monitoring enhancements such as power, regulatory, and efficiency enhancements for a wide range of vehicles including ATVs, stock cars and trucks, fleet vehicles, and commercial trucks. Derive designs our own embedded technology from the ground up including hardware design, UI/UX design, and embedded firmware with state-of-the-art requirements for security, networking and wireless protocols, cloud/IoT connectivity, and UI/UX design. We operate in a fast-paced environment requiring adaptable, agile, ambitious engineers capable and interested in working individually, in small teams, or in larger teams spread across large geographic areas as projects and schedules demand.
- 7+ Years of professional engineering experience in firmware and embedded systems
- Experience programming, debugging, and reading programs written in C or C++
- Experience programming for ARM processors.
- Familiarity with CAN protocol
- Familiarity with encryption, compression, and computer security (Blowfish, AES, Authentication Algorithms, etc.)
- Experience with device drivers like SPI and I2C
- Ability and willingness to design using sound engineering principles including documentation where appropriate and efficient, effective code that is maintainable and testable.
- Some working knowledge of vehicles and/or a passion for vehicles
- Familiarity with automobile electronics, in particular ECU/ECM/PCM/TCM
- Experience with wireless communications (WiFi, BTLE, GSM/LTE, etc.)
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Digital Engineering, etc.; or equivalent experience
Back to top