Derive Systems is a leading automotive after-market technology company with products supplying customers in many countries with custom engine control and monitoring enhancements such as power, regulatory, and efficiency enhancements for a wide range of vehicles including ATVs, stock cars and trucks, fleet vehicles, and commercial trucks. Derive designs our own embedded technology from the ground up including hardware design, and embedded firmware with state-of-the-art requirements for security, networking and wireless protocols, cloud/IoT connectivity, and UI/UX design. We operate in a fast-paced environment requiring adaptable, agile, ambitious engineers capable and interested in working individually, in small teams, or in larger teams spread across large geographic areas as projects and schedules demand.
- 3+ Years of professional engineering experience in firmware and embedded systems
- Experience programming, debugging, and reading programs written in C or C++
- Experience programming for ARM processors.
- Familiarity with encryption, compression, and computer security (Blowfish, AES, Authentication Algorithms, etc.)
- Experience with device drivers like SPI and I2C
- Ability and willingness to design using sound engineering principles including documentation where appropriate and efficient, effective code that is maintainable and testable.
- Some working knowledge of vehicles and/or a passion for vehicles
- Familiarity with CAN protocol
- Familiarity with automobile electronics, in particular ECU/ECM/PCM/TCM
- Experience with wireless communications (WiFi, BTLE, GSM/LTE, etc.)
- J1939 experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Digital Engineering, etc.; or equivalent experience
Back to top