Purpose: The Payroll Specialist is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate processing of doctors and associates payroll. Key areas of responsibility include the preparation and audit of information on a semimonthly and biweekly pay schedule, in a multi-state, multi-federal ID environment, auditing for accuracy and completing the company’s W-2 process at the end of the year.
General Payroll Tasks:
- Work with all departments (HR, Accounting, IT, Recruiting etc.) to research and resolve company issues.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and improve department operations and efficiencies.
- Provide assistance and support to others payroll staff and payroll manager, including general payroll processing or special projects.
- Perform other functions as required.
- Utilize internal Doctor Compensation System to prepare doctor’s payroll for import into the ADP Enterprise Payroll system. This includes accurate and timely input, audit and additional research of questionable items.
- Utilize internal Hygiene Compensation System to calculate hygienist’s commission on two separate pay schedules, biweekly and fiscal month. This includes accurate and timely input, audit and additional research when questions arise.
- Interface with practices to ensure accurate timekeeping (Timesaver) information. This includes auditing employee’s hours and fielding calls from Office Leaders with Timesaver questions.
- Utilize Automatic Data Processing (ADP) Enterprise software (version 5.03) to accurately and timely enter employee maintenance items (i.e. new hires, terminations, W-4s, address changes, 401K, Manager and Employee Self Service monitoring) and wage entries (i.e. retroactive pay calculations, creases, additional earnings entries, PTO payout calculations, garnishments) audit of this information and timely transmission to ADP.
- Distribute a variety of reports to Office Leaders and Regional Management.
- Maintain complete and accurate payroll records by filing paperwork properly, updating spreadsheets, documenting payroll procedures and supplying centers with current payroll forms and information.
- Field and resolve doctor and associate issues regarding payroll. This includes questions concerning salary calculations, general doctor contract information, payroll processing due dates and instructions on completing payroll forms.
- Educate and coach field employees on payroll procedures and policies.
- Communicate requests and/or issues to ADP representatives
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- 3+ years of payroll experience, preferably including 2+ years of multi-state payroll experience
- Proficient with ADP Enterprise (V5) Payroll, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced environment with ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
- Demonstrate initiative and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills with employees on all company levels (written and verbal)
- Possess a “whatever it takes to get the job done” attitude to accomplish accurate and timely results.
- Positive, professional demeanor
- Excellent customer service skills
Education and/or Training:
- Associates degree or FPC/CPP preferred
- Computer applications training preferred
Meet Some of DentalOne Partners's Employees
Senior Vice President, Operations
Melissa partners with 59 practices in the West region to set each team up for success by making sure in-office Operations Teams and support services are ready for patients.
Back to top