Payment Processing Representative
The Payment Processing Representative is responsible for posting electronic and manual payments to the system. This Representative collaborates with the RCO team on payment posting to ensure accuracy.
- Processes EDI payments and corrects transactions for accurate electronic payment posting.
- Posts payments from business associates, MSI/NCO auditing, and follow-up calls to practices.
- Posts and corrects manual payments.
- Collaborates with business associates on payment postings.
- Collaborates with RCO team on payment postings and corrections.
- Provides a high level of customer service to all constituents.
- Runs balancing reports and works with finance team daily.
- Accesses third-party websites to access Explanation of Benefits.
- Performs a variety of clerical functions in support of role.
- Continuous improvement requirements up to 4 hours a week.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma required. Associates or Technical degree strongly preferred.
- 1-3 years revenue cycle experience required, dental (or healthcare) preferred.
- Dentrix software experience, highly preferred.
This position requires that candidates embody the principles of our core values and demonstrate aptitude in the following areas:
- Analytical ability; Ability to analyze contracts, interpret metrics and understand workflows.
- Detail oriented focus; Ability to work with complex claims.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills; Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships, internally and externally.
- Office proficient; Ability to utilize Fax, Copier, Scanner. Understand mailroom procedures, among other basic office functions.
- Proactive; Works to master his/her own environment with the goal of avoiding problems before they arise.
- Process improvement-minded; Ability to enhance and develop performance by analyzing current data and processes along with openness to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Professional communication skills; Ability to tactfully present information in clear and understandable manner.
- Professional integrity; Ability to work independently with a high level of professionalism, dedication and commitment.
- Proficient with technology; Ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications, databases, EHR and practice management software, as well as, internet applications.
- Results‐oriented; Ability to meet deadlines and hold vendors accountable to service level agreement.
- Revenue Cycle Focused; Ability to understand how revenue flows into and out of an organization
- Time management; Ability to prioritize and efficiently process claim
- Office with cubicle environment, headsets may be utilized, but not required.
- Fast-paced office environment
Meet Some of DentalOne Partners's Employees
Senior Vice President, Operations
Melissa partners with 59 practices in the West region to set each team up for success by making sure in-office Operations Teams and support services are ready for patients.
Back to top