Your main focus as the Operations Leader is to run and perpetuate a productive, efficient, and engaged dental practice. At the core of your dedication is supporting the doctors, the Director of Market Operations (DMO) and the office staff to grow the practice while developing a successful and positive team.
This position is more than your typical “practice manager” job. This is an opportunity to provide a level of influence and success to a practice, while contributing to the achievement of DentalOne Partner’s short and long term goals. You will be considered a valued addition to the Operations team and an advocate for the doctor(s) you support.
We want you to learn more about us! Reference our career site, www.dentalonejobs.com, and spend a few minutes learning about the culture, values, and people!
Of course, there are some requirements for all Operations Leaders:
- Be supportive of company standards while effectively building and nurturing a positive working relationship with the doctor(s)
- Provide exceptional customer service by making the patient the #1 priority
- Exemplify Servant Leadership to foster a positive environment and demonstrate good teamwork to deliver an extraordinary experience for the patient
- Fulfill front office responsibilities, based on business needs
- Understand the business responsibilities and key performance metrics for successfully leading a practice
- Ensure all budget and production expectations are met or exceeded, balance financial data and records, and forecast results
- Complete bank deposits and monitor/verify petty cash funds, according to established guidelines and protocols
- Support patient flow and maximize budgeted payroll hours, by effectively scheduling staff
- Positively present diagnosed treatment plans, as well as the patient’s financial options, and handle the related appointment scheduling, fee schedules, collections, etc.
- Partner with Human Resources (HR) to hire quality talent and contribute to employee retention
- Complete and forward HR and Payroll related documents, including new hire and termination forms
- Partner with the DMO and HR to ensure the practice is following employment related laws and policies, as well as to develop corrective action/performance improvement plans for team members to ensure behaviors, attitudes, job expectations and performance standards are being met and exceeded
- Facilitate regular staff meetings and daily huddles to cultivate communication, provide company updates, and to continually challenge and develop the team
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Follow organization’s safety policies and procedures through OSHA compliance and BBP (Blood-borne Pathogens) federal regulations
- Complete all Learning Management System requirements
- Perform additional tasks as assigned to achieve practice and company goals
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor degree strongly preferred
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training
- 3-5 years of leadership/management experience in a professional environment with direct patient contact preferred
- Excellent positive attitude and customer service skills
- Professionalism and integrity in all aspects of the job, including image and both verbal and written communication skills
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills, including conflict resolution skills
- Strong organization, planning and analytical skills
- Ability to use good judgment in order to make decisions independently
- Ability to multitask and remain calm in a rapidly changing environment
- Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new programs as required
- Overtime required as approved by DMO
- Travel as needed for training and to perform job functions
- Safety procedures and personal protective equipment required to minimize the risks from X-rays and blood-borne pathogens
- Potential of prolonged sitting and standing
Dental One is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. DentalOne Partners’ management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Meet Some of DentalOne Partners's Employees
Senior Vice President, Operations
Melissa partners with 59 practices in the West region to set each team up for success by making sure in-office Operations Teams and support services are ready for patients.
Back to top