We want every patient to have attainable access to the best patient care. As the Financial Coordinator your main goal is to help every patient get the treatment they need. By being the link between the doctor's diagnosis and case acceptance, we consider this role an asset to the team and a vital resource for patients. We are searching for talented people who value the patient experience and prioritize quality.
If you are looking to work with an organization that appreciates you, challenges you, and helps your professional growth, this could be the next step in your career. By deepening your understanding of the business and navigating patient needs successfully, you have the opportunity to advance through the organization into operations leadership. Your goals are important to us, whether that is maintaining this position or growing within the company. Are you ready to be on a team of people who are dedicated to patient care and are leading the industry with innovation?
We want you to learn more about us! Reference our career site, www.dentalonejobs.com, and spend a few minutes learning about the culture, values, and people!
Of course, there are some requirements for all Financial Coordinators:
- Provide exceptional customer service by making the patient the #1 priority
- Be present, engaged and ready to work at all assigned shift times
- Demonstrate good teamwork to deliver an extraordinary experience every patient
- Address patient’s questions and/or concerns, and know when to collaborate with the Operations Leader
- Schedule all appointments in accordance to practice guidelines
- Review charts in advance to verify that all patients scheduled have a secure financial arrangement in place, and follow up with patients whose financial arrangements and treatment schedules were not completed
- Accurately record and document diagnosed treatment plans, case acceptances and arranged treatments
- Positively present financial arrangements to patients, including third party financing options, adhering to practice protocol
- Contact insurance companies to verify coverage and fee schedules, as well as partner with company vendors to complete insurance breakdowns within 24 hours of a patient’s appointment time
- Follow payment policy by posting all charges and payments to patient accounts, and by collecting payments from the patients at the time of service
- Understand the practice metrics in the Reporting Portal and report the results of the previous day’s financial presentations by monitoring production/collections, reconciling payments and making bank deposits
- Calmly and effectively guide patients by phone through any dental emergencies
- Actively ask existing patients to refer friends and family members to the practice, and complete the patient survey regarding their experience
- Complete all applicable daily checklists and participate in daily huddles to ensure that every single day flows smoothly
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Follow the organization’s safety policies and procedures through OSHA compliance and BBP (Blood borne Pathogens) federal regulations
- Complete all Learning Management System requirements
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required
- Maintain Annual OSHA, HIPPA and Infection Control training
- One to two years of experience in a professional environment with direct customer contact preferred
- Excellent positive attitude and customer service skills
- Professionalism and integrity in all aspects of the job, including image and both verbal and written communication skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, including conflict resolution skills
- Comfortability discussing financial arrangements with patients
- Strong organization, planning and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm in a rapidly changing environment
- Computer proficiency and ability to learn new software as required
- Overtime required as approved by Operations Leader
- Travel as needed for training and to perform job functions
- Safety procedures and personal protective equipment required to minimize the risks from X-rays and blood-borne pathogens
- Potential of prolonged sitting and standing
Dental One is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The company’s management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Meet Some of DentalOne Partners's Employees
Senior Vice President, Operations
Melissa partners with 59 practices in the West region to set each team up for success by making sure in-office Operations Teams and support services are ready for patients.
Back to top