- Jacksonville, NC
When you join a DentalOne Partners supported practice, you have more time to focus on what really matters – providing your patients with the most advanced dental care available. We provide the managerial, the marketing, and the technical administrative expertise so you can do what you do best - practice dentistry. Best of all, our support delivers measurable results. In fact, many of the supported practices rank in the top 5% nationally. For almost three decades, we have been committed to helping Dentists operate their dental practices more efficiently and profitably, while offering patients dental care that is both state-of-the-art and affordable. Now we’re ready to work for you.
Purpose: The Endodontist primarily specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of any damage or injury to the tooth pulp as well as the tissue and nerves within and surrounding the root of a tooth that have become damaged or infected due to some type of bacteria. General dentists will refer endodontic cases that are beyond their knowledge and scope of abilities, and the endodontic specialist should expect to treat more complex and difficult endodontic cases than the typical general dentist. The Endodontist should be comfortable treating cases with dilacerated roots, calcifications, pulpal stones, retreatments and more difficult to manage cases. The Endodontist ensures the company’s clinical and financial success by providing superior patient care and service and building and maintaining successful working relationships with team members.
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats diseases of nerve, pulp, and other dental tissues affecting vitality of teeth: Examines teeth, gums, and related tissues to determine condition, using dental instruments, x-ray, and other diagnostic equipment.
- Diagnoses condition and plans treatment.
- Treats exposure of pulp by pulp capping or removal of pulp from pulp chamber and root canal, using dental instruments.
- Performs partial or total removal of pulp, using surgical instruments.
- Treats infected root canal and related tissues, and fills pulp chamber and canal with endodontic materials.
- Removes pathologic tissue at apex of tooth, surgically.
- Reinserts teeth that have been knocked out of mouth by accident.
- Bleaches discolored teeth to restore natural color.
- Assistant the General Dentist in determining the restorability of teeth, specifically aid in the diagnosis of hairline root fractures and syndromes.
- Provide superior patient care and service.
- Degree from accredited dental school
- Current dental license issued by state where practicing
- Current specialty license if required by the state or federal agency
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; work well with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professionalism and professional image
- Strong organization and planning skills; detail oriented
- Proven multi-task ability in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently
- Safety procedures required including protection to minimize the risks from X-rays and bloodborne pathogens
- Potential extended period long hours standing on feet
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The company’s management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Back to top