Dental Hygienist RDH - UP TO A $10,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS!
- Louisville, KY
UP TO A $10,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS
With a DentalWorks supported practice, the Dental Hygienist’s primary responsibility is to perform the highest quality dental hygiene procedures in the most efficient manner. A key job function is to strengthen the professional relationships you build with patients. We believe a positive attitude combined with a premier skillset will provide the ultimate in patient experience. With DentalWorks, you will also make a significant contribution to the overall success of the practice, your patients, and in turn - to yourself.
Are you passionate for patient care? Do you thrive in an exciting and dynamic environment? As a company, we believe in the value of talented people, and we aim to craft an environment that engages you professionally. Do you feel limited in your current role? Are you ready to be recognized and rewarded for providing the best in dental care? If so, you owe it to yourself to check this job out.
The DentalWorks hygiene leadership team is recognized throughout the industry, and our compensation plan allows you to be rewarded like the provider you are. In addition, you will be given:
- A support team in the practice that is committed to your success
- A home to advance your craft utilizing the mentorship of our national hygiene leadership and sister practices with whom you can collaborate
- The recognition and rewards deserving of our top dental hygienists
- The opportunity to explore career paths within the dental hygiene family
- Provide superior patient care and service; make the patient the # 1 priority; exhibit outstanding customer service and hospitality as well as chair side manner.
- Practice Servant Leadership; lead by example; exercise good team work; have mutual respect for team; partner with team to create an exceptional experience for patient.
- Practice to the standard of care of the State Board of Dentistry; follow rules and regulations of the Dental Practice Act of the applicable state.
- Stay on schedule as much as possible to create “no patient wait time;” help manage patient flow; maintain time flexibility for patient; be present, engaged, ready to work at all assigned shift times.
- Educate patient on oral hygiene/health/disease as well as procedures and services; establish/communicate continued care.
- Follow DentalOne Partners’ Periodontal Protocol which is based on American Academy of Periodontology, ADA and ADHA guidelines.
- Comply with state and federal laws for chart documentation; follow OSHA guidelines on PPE and use standard precautions.
- Verify patient health history (review basic health status, medications; understand impact with dentistry) and document appropriately in patient’s chart.
- Thoroughly and efficiently perform clinical hygiene functions including but not limited to exposing/processing/evaluating diagnostic X-rays, reviewing medical histories and recording blood pressure, adult/child prophylaxis, non-surgical periodontal therapy, associated adjunctive therapy and co-assessing treatments with doctor.
- Complete periodontal charting per guidelines.
- Manage financial responsibilities/Hygiene scorecard.
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance.
- Accountability for successful performance of all job functions.
- Perform the following duties as applicable by practice and/or state laws:
- Place locally applied antimicrobials
- Place sealants/perform polishing (certification necessary if required by state)
- Use intraoral camera
- Screen for Oral Cancer
- Take and record patient’s blood pressure accurately
- Offer fluoride treatment to all patients
- Perform routine dental prophylaxis for periodontally healthy patients
- Non-surgical periodontal therapy (scaling/root planing)
- Administer local anesthesia (if allowed by state practice act AND hygienist is certified)
- Monitor Nitrous Oxide (if certified by state practice act)
- Take alginate impressions and fabricate whitening trays
- Maintain accurate and legible notes in patient’s chart
Non Essential Functions:
- Clean and prepare operatory per guidelines prior to patient appointment
- Sterilize equipment and operatories per OSHA guidelines
- Assist other team members, including front office responsibilities
- Follow all OSHA and BBP (Blood borne Pathogen) federal guidelines
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Dental Hygiene certification from accredited dental hygiene school; pass required regional or state licensing board examinations as applicable
- Current hygiene license issued by state where employed
- Certification for other duties as required by state practice act
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training as required by law
- Outstanding positive attitude and demeanor
- Professionalism in all aspects of job
- Good grooming and professional image
- Superior team work skills; strong ability to work well with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Good computer/dental software skills
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Overtime required to perform job functions as approved by Office Leader
- Travel as needed for training and to perform job functions
- Safety procedures and personal protective equipment required including protection to minimize the risks from X-rays and bloodborne pathogens
- Potential long hours standing on feet
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. DentalOne Partners’ management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Back to top