Billing & Collections Manager
Purpose: The Billing & Collections Manager is responsible for the billing and collection activities related to insurance (PPO, DHMO) accounts receivable, with the goal of reducing days-sales-outstanding (DSO), increasing collections and collections rate to revenue for the company. The Billing & Collections Manager will directly supervise a group of specialists who assist the DentalOne, Inc. supported practices bill insurance providers correctly and collect reimbursement payments in a timely manner. This team assists practices in resolving insurance claim questions and denials to appropriately collect revenue due our supported dental offices.
- Manages the leading the billing and collections team to resolve and collect insurance claims.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the insurance billing process, including claims creation, industry charge codes, documentation required for timely filing of claims, processes to resolve denied claims, appropriate adjustment of fees based on insurance contracts, and final resolution of claims and payment.
- Oversees denial prevention process by analyzing denial trends, prioritizing issues, and identifying root cause. Collaborates with stakeholders to update processes to prevent denials.
- Ensures team delivers timely and accurate claims resolution on an ongoing basis. Measure and monitor team performance to identify performance opportunities and training needs.
- Provides high level of customer service to the operations teams at the DentalOne, Inc. affiliated practices.
- Collaborates within the Revenue Cycle Operations team to solve problems, gain efficiencies, and improve processes
- Trains, gives feedback, and develops billing and collections team
- High School Diploma required. Associates or Technical degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 8 years revenue cycle experience required in a health care industry, with dental experience preferred.
- Dentrix software experience preferred but not required
This position requires that candidates embody the principles of our core values and demonstrate aptitude in the following areas:
- Analytical ability; Ability to analyze contracts, interpret metrics and understand workflows.
- Detail oriented focus; Ability to work with complex claims.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills; Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships, internally and externally.
- Office proficient; Ability to utilize Fax, Copier, Scanner. Understand mailroom procedures, among other basic office functions.
- Proactive; Works to master his/her own environment with the goal of avoiding problems before they arise.
- Process improvement-minded; Ability to enhance and develop performance by analyzing current data and processes along with openness to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Professional communication skills; Ability to tactfully present information in clear and understandable manner.
- Professional integrity; Ability to work independently with a high level of professionalism, dedication and commitment.
- Proficient with technology; Ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications, databases, EHR and practice management software, as well as, internet applications.
- Results‐oriented; Ability to meet deadlines and hold vendors accountable to service level agreement.
- Revenue Cycle Focused; Ability to understand how revenue flows into and out of an organization
- Time management; Ability to prioritize and efficiently process claim
- Office with cubicle environment, headsets may be utilized, but not required
- Fast Paced Office, Ever-Changing Environment
Disclaimer: The statements and descriptions denoted herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The organization’s management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Meet Some of DentalOne Partners's Employees
Senior Vice President, Operations
Melissa partners with 59 practices in the West region to set each team up for success by making sure in-office Operations Teams and support services are ready for patients.
Back to top