Temporary Social Worker - Immediate Hire
About the Opportunity
The Social Worker will serve as the link between our schools, our families, and our community. The individual in this role will work closely with scholars to constantly improve their mental and emotional well-being, preparing them for success both inside and outside of the classroom. The position will last from August 2017 - December 2017.
Who We're Looking For
First and foremost, we're looking for people who share our unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars. Beyond that, we want people who are hungry, humble, and smart. Our Social Workers are people with a passion for counseling youth and providing individualized interventions and support.
What does the Social Worker do?
- Provide crisis intervention and behavior management to expedite students' return to classrooms for learning and to build students' ability to meet the school's high expectations.
- Provide one-on-one counseling or group counseling as needed to students and families.
- Train others to identify students and family members who may benefit from regular one-on-one counseling or group counseling.
- Develop and implement curriculum for social and emotional development/intervention with students.
- Manage administrative and appropriate direct-services elements of the referral process for social services and special education services.
- A master's degree in social work from a competitive college or university is required.
- NY state school social work certification is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively.
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills.
- Passionately dedicated to Democracy Prep's mission and a steadfast belief that all students deserve preparation for the college of their choice and active citizenship.
Salary range is $57,500 - $62,500 commensurate with your experience.
Democracy Prep staff members are provided with a competitive salary, full benefits, and a working environment that includes all the necessary technology and resources to succeed.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top