Social Worker (2018-19 School Year)
Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A state-certified school social worker with a passion for counseling youth and providing individualized interventions
- An excellent communicator, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively to a variety of stakeholders.
- A graduate of a master’s degree program in social work at a competitive college or university.
What You’ll Do
- Provide individual and group counseling mandates to our scholars/families.
- Help scholars cope with personal and psychological issues that affect their school performance, behavior, and socialization.
- Provide information for and/or referrals to outside support services or agencies to help scholars deal with economic, emotional, or physical challenges.
- Assess scholar independent functioning skills toward possible referrals to outpatient treatment/counseling/support options.
- Assess possible abuse and neglect cases to appropriate emergency intervention organizations.
- Assist teachers and administrators in dealing with behavioral or attitude issues by communicating with scholars to find the causes of their distress.
- Develop and implement professional development training for educational staff and parents as requested.
Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top