Senior Staff Accountant
Who You Are
- A non-profit finance and accounting professional who shares our unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A strong communicator (written and verbal) with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- An expert in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel), with extensive knowledge of QuickBooks or a similar accounting program; experience with Intacct is a plus.
- Previous experience with Audit; Financial Statement Preparation; and GAAP.
- CPA preferred.
- An experienced manager with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, delegate, and lead by example in a fast paced environment.
- Prior experience in a charter school environment a plus.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a team of accountants to ensure timeliness of reconciliations & closing of books on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Provide accounting leadership to network Finance team.
- Assist CFO with preparation of financial reports for Board of Trustees, as well as for state and federal reporting.
- Support Senior Director of Finance in preparing for annual audit schedules and submissions, as well as IRS 990 reporting.
Assist with management of state and federal grants, disbursements, guidelines, and reporting.
- Review and maintain all financial schedules related to accruals, fixed assets, prepaids, revenue recognition, inter-company balances, and rent.
Salary range is competitive and commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403b retirement matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top