Senior Manager, Staff Development
Working for the Chief People Officer and alongside the team, the Network Staff Developer would support the People team in leading trainings, workshops and discussions across the various programs led by the People teams, including but not limited to: Teacher Residency, Leader U, Teacher Leader Institute, and DP YOU. Our work supports teammates with a variety of experience-- from the new teacher to the experienced school leader-- so we are looking for someone who has both experience and passion for leading and working with adults!
Who you are
- A strong teacher, coach and team lead.
- A clear communicator who appreciates that how something is said is as important as what is said
- Someone who regularly seeks out feedback and is able to implement at a quick pace
- A detail-oriented planner
- Someone who seeks a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to learn about as many facets of talent development as possible!
- Someone who can manage their time well, prioritize tasks, and manages up to leaders for support when unsure of how to do the above
- Someone who loves travel, and supporting schools in a variety of contexts and areas.
What You’ll Do
- Design, edit and codify professional development sessions and materials for both network level and school-based professional development
- Lead and co-lead professional development sessions across the network to a variety of team members, including but not limited to teacher leaders, department chairs, school leaders, master teachers and CMO staff. Topics include: instruction, giving feedback, setting a strong culture.
- Ensure that school leaders have access to strong professional development materials by developing or codifying professional development materials that are accessible to all leaders.
- With the Chief Talent Officer, analyze data following professional development sessions and in network surveys to continue to refine our talent development strategy and offerings.
Work and Experience
- Experience coaching individuals
- Experience leading teams
- Ideally, 2-3 years teaching experience
Salary range is $70,000-$75,000 and commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top