About the Opportunity:
Our schools are looking for a hard working individual who can work independently to keep our schools safe.
What Does a Security Guard at Democracy Prep do?
- Patrol and monitor school facilities to ensure the safety and well-being of scholars and staff and the security of the school
- Assist with morning arrival and afternoon dismissal of scholars
- Assist the professional staff, police, and emergency personnel in handling emergencies or disruptive situations
- Notify building personnel, police, and/or appropriate emergency personnel of any emergency, potentially dangerous, or unusual situations
- Promote student responsibility for behavior and attitude by serving as a role model and dressing and grooming professionally.
- Display ethical and professional behavior in working with scholars, parents, school personnel, and outside agencies associated with the school.
- Manage relationship with security vendor that will handle late shift and Saturday hours
- Manage relationship with NYPD 42nd Precinct on behalf of the entire school
Required Core Competencies
- Unwavering commitment to the mission and core values of Democracy Prep
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Computer proficiency, including comfort with Macs and Google products
- Ability to work well with scholars, teachers, staff, leadership, and parents
- All hands on deck mentality
- 8 hour pre-assignment training course for security guards required
- 16 hour on-the-job training course for security guards required
- 8 hour annual in-service training course for security guards required
Democracy Prep staff members are provided with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top