Secondary Science Teacher (2021-2022 School Year)
- Camden, NJ
Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- An outstanding classroom teacher who holds scholars to consistently high behavioral and academic expectations.
- A self-reflective and self-aware teammate who is dedicated to aligning their classroom to Democracy Prep's commitment to antiracism and who is eager to use these skills to contribute to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- A results-driven educator with experience in, and commitment to, the use of data analysis and assessments to drive instructional decisions and teacher accountability.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program (required), with 2 years of urban teaching experience and state certification (preferred).
What You’ll Do
- Create, monitor, and sustain a disciplined school culture of high academic and behavioral standards.
- Implement a coherent, research-based curriculum.
- Develop and use a variety of assessment data to refine curricula and instructional practice.
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with scholars, families, and colleagues.
- Continuously improve your professional practice through weekly coaching sessions, professional development, and data-driven reflection.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop. Along with participating in the mandatory NJ Pension Plan, employees have the choice of enrolling in a pre-tax 403b or post-tax Roth with Democracy Prep.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Back to top