Who We're Looking For
In general, you should be hungry, humble, and smart. You will be working with a gritty team of professionals who are dedicated to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars. Ideally, you are a person with a passion for organization and systems, and a strong desire to work closely with students and families to ensure a positive school experience.
What Does the Registrar do?
- Register and schedule all students in appropriate classes both internally and with the DOE's ATS system.
- Maintain up-to-date computer records on each student and report student information as required to DPPS leadership.
- Collect, track, and maintain new and returning student files and ensure that student files meet DPPS and DOE standards.
- Provide student transcripts and fulfill student record request in compliance with FIRPA and HIPPA.
- Process student withdrawals working proactively with appropriate personnel including Campus Directors, Operations Managers, and Social Workers.
- Track school immunization percentages to ensure school compliance with DOE standards.
- Manage school based student services for transportation and the school based breakfast and lunch program.
- Become fully versed in ATS in areas including but not limited to student reports, biographical information, transportation, meal eligibility, etc.
- Perform all attendance clerk duties.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, and community.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Core Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills
- Highly proficient in MS Excel
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take initiate
- Bachelor's degree required
Incoming salary range is $45,000-$55,000 commensurate with your experience.
Democracy Prep staff members are provided with a competitive salary, full benefits, and a working environment that includes all the necessary technology and resources to succeed.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top