Who You Are
- An education reformer who shares our unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A strong communicator with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial multi-tasker who is committed to, and experienced in, generating and utilizing data to inform decision-making.
- A graduate of a Bachelor's program (required), with 2 years of charter network experience (required) and previous teaching experience (preferred).
What You'll Do
- Help Democracy Prep, and each Harlem- and Bronx-based school in our network, navigate New York's regulatory landscape.
- Maintain school and network compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, researching and acting on urgent issues as they arise.
- Uphold accountability obligations to internal and external stakeholders, including authorizers, boards of trustees, governmental oversight bodies, funders, and landlords.
- Complete grant applications and reports and determine how to structure funding so as to minimize impact on school programming.
- Coordinate board meetings and ensure compliance with New York governance regulations.
- Collaborate with the Chief of Staff, General Counsel, school leaders, and regional Charter Systems Managers to ensure Democracy Prep fulfills all accountability and reporting obligations.
Salary range is $60,000 - $70,000 commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top