Paraprofessional (Part Time)
Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- Desire to assist students with special needs in a rigorous, college preparation learning environment.
- Emotional maturity and stability necessary for the specialized work involved.
What You’ll Do
- Work with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by certified staff.
- Reinforce learning materials and skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
- Support managing student behaviors and leveraging incentive systems as directed by lead culture team members.
- Deescalate the behaviors of volatile students.
- Engage in parent communication to increase school to home partnerships.
- Alert the certified staff to any problem or special information about an individual student.
- Aide in the supervision of students during lunch periods, play periods, and on field trips.
- Perform assigned non-instructional classroom duties, such as snack time, bathroom, and clothing routines.
- When requested, serve as a resource person to the Academic Collaboration Team in Response to Intervention, IEP/504, and/or ELL efforts.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment and community.
- Perform other such duties/assignments as directed by the certified staff.
- Assist as directed by certified staff in the effort to successfully maintain students with special needs in an integrated setting, as determined by the IEP/Title 1/ESL Team(s).
Salary is $12.00 to $15.00 an hour and commensurate with your experience.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Back to top