Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A professional who is passionate about assisting students with special needs in a rigorous, college preparatory learning environment.
- An individual possessing the emotional maturity and stability necessary for the specialized work involved in this role and the ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- A graduate of an Associate’s degree program (required), with experience working with children in an educational setting (preferred).
- Experience with ABA training (optional).
What You’ll Do
- Work with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by certified staff.
- Monitor work, correct papers, and supervise curriculum-based testing and makeup work as assigned by the certified staff.
- Perform clerical, classroom maintenance, and instructional duties as assigned by the certified staff.
- Assist, as directed by certified staff, in the effort to successfully maintain students with special needs in an integrated setting, as determined by the IEP/Title 1/ESL Team(s).
Salary is competitive and commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
See Inside the Office of Democracy Prep Public Schools
Founded in 2005, Democracy Prep is on a mission to educate responsible citizen-scholars for a life of active citizenship. Built on a “no excuses” model, Democracy Prep’s network of schools serves over 5,000 scholars who prove year after year that demographics do not determine destiny, and that low-income students can be successful in the college of their choice.
Back to top