Operations Manager (Immediate Hire)
Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- An experienced manager of a team with three or more like-minded individuals, or someone who is ready to make the jump into management.
- A data-driven leader who is comfortable with handling the research and communication necessary to find or create the perfect system.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program (required), with 2 years of previous school-based work experience (preferred).
What You’ll Do
- Establish procedures for day-to-day operations of the school, which may include arrival, dismissal, food service, and family interactions.
- Manage a school operations team and collaborate with your school leader to ensure that your school is running with no interference to instruction.
- Build respectful and professional relationships with other stakeholders in the building, which may be shared with another school or entity, while representing the best interests of our scholars.
- Maintain school compliance with relevant federal, state, and local non-instructional statutes, including but not limited to health and fire code.
- Monitor the accuracy of your school’s data within state-required databases.
- Create and execute event plans involving the school facilities or its scholars.
Salary range is $50,000 - $60,000 commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop. Along with participating in the mandatory NJ Pension Plan, employees have the choice of enrolling in a pre-tax 403b or post-tax Roth with Democracy Prep.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Back to top