Operations Manager (Immediate Hire)
Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- An experienced manager of a team with three or more like-minded individuals, or someone who is ready to make the jump into management.
- A data-driven leader who is comfortable with handling the research and communication necessary to find or create the perfect system.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program (required), with 2 years of previous school-based work experience (preferred).
What You’ll Do
- Establish procedures for day-to-day operations of the school, which may include arrival, dismissal, food service, and family interactions.
- Manage a school operations team and collaborate with your school leader to ensure that your school is running with no interference to instruction.
- Build respectful and professional relationships with other stakeholders in the building, which may be shared with another school or entity, while representing the best interests of our scholars.
- Maintain school compliance with relevant federal, state, and local non-instructional statutes, including but not limited to health and fire code.
- Monitor the accuracy of your school’s data within state-required databases.
- Create and execute event plans involving the school facilities or its scholars.
Salary range is $50,000 - $60,000 commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top