Operations Manager (2020-2021 School Year)
- New York, NY
About the Opportunity
The mission of our schools is to ensure that our scholars receive the most rigorous education. Core to achieving this mission is smooth operations that support all stakeholders’ ability to educate our scholars. Reporting to the School Leader, and also working closely with a Director of Operations (DOO), the Operations Manager will ensure systematic, proactive, and efficient operations within the school, and between school and external stakeholders.
Who You Are
- An education equity advocate with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- An experienced manager of a team with two or more like-minded individuals, or someone who is ready to transition into management.
- A data-driven leader who is comfortable with handling the research and communication necessary to find or create the perfect system.
- An exceptional project manager who can take an idea and turn it into a complete and detailed plan, considerate of all stakeholders and context.
- An exceptional organizer who can keep track of short- and long-term plans to make challenging decisions of prioritization on a daily basis.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s Degree program (required).
What You’ll Do
- Lead a school operations team to ensure that the operations of the school facilitate its ability to ensure a high quality education to scholars and respectful relationships with its families and communities. This includes setting goals with the School Leader and DOO, and coaching and managing your team to accomplish both individual and team goals.
- With the School Leader and DOO, design, establish, and maintain procedures for day-to-day operations of the school, including arrival, dismissal, food service, attendance, transportation, emergency preparedness, enrollment, family engagement, assessment administration, facility cleanliness and decor, field trips, procurement, and supply and technology management.
- Build respectful and professional relationships and partnerships with other stakeholders in the building, community, and CMO that represent the best interests of our scholars.
- Maintain school compliance with relevant federal, state, and local non-instructional statutes, including but not limited to health and fire code.
- Monitor the accuracy of your school’s data within state-required databases and internal information systems.
- Manage and execute data systems pertaining to internal and state assessments, report cards and promotional status, enrollment, attendance, and more.
- Prepare and analyze data reports for school leaders.
- Create and execute detailed event plans, factoring information on the physical facility, event goals, backgrounds and experiences of participants and stakeholders, communication and marketing, and connection to the overall mission of the school.
- In coordination with an external vendor and your team, develop systems of preventative maintenance for school technology, including, but not limited to, laptops, copiers, printers, smartphones, projectors, interactive whiteboards, and other classroom technologies.
- Ensure that systems, protocols and policies are well documented and easily accessible to all stakeholders. Clear communication is essential in ensuring smooth operations!
- Other school operations tasks as assigned by the School Leader and Director of Operations.
Salary starts at $62,000 and is commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertise, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Back to top