Operations Manager (2019-2020 School Year)
About the Opportunity
The mission of our schools is to ensure that our scholars receive the most rigorous education. Core to achieving this mission is smooth operations that support all stakeholders ability to educate our scholars. Working with the school leader, the Operations Manager will ensure systematic, proactive, and efficient operations within the school, and between school and external stakeholders.
Who You Are
- An education equity advocate with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- An experienced manager of a team with three or more like-minded individuals, or someone who is ready to transition into management.
- A data-driven leader who is comfortable with handling the research and communication necessary to find or create the perfect system.
- An exceptional project manager who can take an idea and turn it into a complete and detailed plan, considerate of all stakeholders and context.
- An exceptional organizer who can keep track of short- and long-term plans to make challenging decisions of prioritization on a daily basis.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s Degree program (required).
What You’ll Do
- Lead a school operations team to ensure that the operations of the school facilitate its ability to ensure a high quality education to scholars and respectful relationships with its families and communities. This includes setting goals with the school leader, and coaching and managing your team to accomplish both individual and team goals.
- With the school leader, design, establish, and maintain procedures for day-to-day operations of the school, which may include arrival, dismissal, food service, attendance, transportation, emergency preparedness, facility cleanliness and decor, assessment administration, supply and technology management, enrollment, and family interactions.
- Build respectful and professional relationships and partnerships with other stakeholders in the building, community, and CMO that represent the best interests of our scholars.
- Maintain school compliance with relevant federal, state, and local non-instructional statutes, including but not limited to health and fire code.
- Monitor the accuracy of your school’s data within state-required databases and internal information systems.
- Create and execute detailed event plans, factoring information on the physical facility, event goals, backgrounds and experiences of participants and stakeholders, communication and marketing, and connection to the overall mission of the school.
- Ensure that systems, protocols and policies are well documented and easily accessible to all stakeholders. Clear communication is essential in ensuring smooth operations!
- Other school operations tasks as assigned by the School Leader.
Salary range is $55,000 - $65,000 commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Back to top