This role is meant to create and maintain a safe and effective work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational systems and communication. The Office Manager helps to improve Badger Park (network office) procedures and day-to-day operation and consciously creates a workplace culture that is consistent with the organization's values and emphasizes its identified mission, vision, and guiding principles.
Who You Are
- A proven professional with previous experience in systems building and designer of communication structures
- A highly accountable, organized and results-driven professional with the ability to provide friendly customer service to all guests and staff members of Democracy Prep
- An education reformer who shares our unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A graduate of a Bachelor's program
What You'll Do
- Greet clients, vendors & team members from other offices and expose them to our culture when they enter.
- Coordinate prep and cleanup for internal and client-facing events
- Plan Democracy Prep events, happy hours, and excursions.
- Work closely with management and the different teams within the company to coordinate projects, events and activities.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members
- Answer the intercom
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals
- Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output
- Serve as the point person for office management duties, including: ordering supplies, mailing services, and special errands
- Mail letters and packages for teams
- Organizing the office layout and ordering stationery and equipment
- Organize an office supply closet and offsite storage rooms
- Maintain common room space for guest and staff
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs and construction
- Help staff with tech needs in use of the conference rooms
- Keep our kitchen stocked at all times.
Salary range is $40,000 - $42,000 commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top