Middle School Special Education Teacher (2018-19 School Year)
Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- An outstanding classroom teacher who holds scholars to consistently high behavioral and academic expectations.
- A results-driven educator with experience in, and commitment to, the use of data analysis and assessments to drive instructional decisions and teacher accountability.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program (required), with 2 years of urban teaching experience and state certification (preferred).
What You’ll Do
- Create, monitor, and sustain a disciplined school culture of high academic and behavioral standards.
- Implement a coherent, research-based curriculum.
- Develop and use a variety of assessment data to refine curricula and instructional practice.
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with scholars, families, and colleagues.
- Continuously improve your professional practice through weekly coaching sessions, professional development, and data-driven reflection.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top