Manager, People Team Operations
Working with the Chief People Officer, ensure systematic, proactive, and efficient operations within the Talent and Recruitment team and between the People teams and other teams.
Who You Are
- You have a deep commitment to the mission of Democracy Prep, and to working with all stakeholders
- You are a strong project manager, able to see the big picture while also sweating the small things.
- You are a highly motivated person and are looking to be a part of a fast‐paced, detail‐oriented, and results‐driven team.
- You bring maturity, humility, a strong work ethic and a sense of humor to your work.
- You have excellent communication (written and oral) and a track record of working collaboratively with others
- You have the ability to proceed in the absence of clear and immediate answers to problems; flexible enough to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the members of the People team and other teams, including finance, to ensure that the logistics of all professional development (Network PD, Network Town Halls, excellent school visits, etc.) support the culture of DPPS and the learning goals established.
- In collaboration with the Chief People Officer, lead strategic and logistical planning for DP YOU. Serve as primary point person between schools and CMO for DP YOU in planning, executing and follow up from DP YOU.
- Lead the execution of the Insight survey across the network. Responsible for analyzing data and, with the CPO, set action items for the network.
- In collaboration with the Chief People Officer and Senior Manager of New Teacher Development, manage relationships with external PD providers, and ensure that leaders have the information needed to match staff to opportunity.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- 2-3 years of work experience
- Ideally have worked as a classroom teacher or in school operations
Salary range is $65,000-$70,000 and commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top