- San Antonio, TX
About the position:
Instructional Coaches at Democracy Prep are critical to improving student achievement. In this role, you will help to ensure we are providing high-quality classroom instruction through your support of the growth and development of teachers.
Who You Are
- A leader and education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A professional with a proven ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a diverse team of teachers and leaders.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program (required).
- A proven teacher leader with 5+ years of teaching experience and 2+ years instructional coaching experience (preferred), and a clear track record of raising student achievement in an urban classroom.
- Experience as a grade level or content area chair (preferred).
What You’ll Do
- Work with teachers to develop and execute individualized teacher coaching plans.
- Observe and provide feedback to teachers.
- Support teachers in using data to drive instructional decisions.
- Develop professional development sessions aligned to teacher coaching plans to be delivered on a weekly basis.
- Support teachers in understanding curriculum and various instructional assessments.
- Work with school leadership in the evaluation of instructional materials.
- Model instruction as a lead or co-teacher at least one class period per day, as needed.
Salary range is competitive and commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, competitive retirement plan, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Back to top