Human Resources Associate
About the Opportunity
The Human Resources Associate will support Democracy Prep Public Schools' Freedom Prep network team in Camden, NJ in all HR related affairs including benefits administration, onboarding, policy implementation, and employment law compliance.
Who We're Looking For
First and foremost, we're looking for people who share our unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars. Beyond that, we want people who are hungry, humble, and smart.
What does the HR Associate do?
- Administer employee benefits program
- Develop and implement new employee onboarding and orientation process
- Maintains employee records including confidential and sensitive employee information
- Collaborate with finance team on payroll processing
- Works with hiring managers and employees to resolve employee grievances and disciplinary issues
- Compile and updates employee records
- Conduct exit interviews
Required Core Competencies
- Display highest standard of ethical conduct and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Absolutely must be able to keep confidential information confidential
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience in a charter school environment is a plus
Members of the Democracy Prep DREAM Team are provided with a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package, and the technology necessary to succeed.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top