Grants and Special Projects Manager
- Camden, NJ
Freedom Prep Charter School seeks a Grants and Special Projects Manager who will be responsible for the overall solicitation, management, administration, and reporting of the region’s grants. Working with the Executive Director and school leaders, the Grants and Special Projects Manager will ensure that grants are being used to support the mission and vision of Freedom Prep. The Grants and Special Projects Manager also serves as point person on various regional events and initiatives and will work closely with the Executive Director to expand the reputation and reach of the school.
Who You Are
- Someone who shares our unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A strong communicator with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail who can break down complicated and nuanced topics.
- A leader who can develop and manage strong systems and processes.
- An expert in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel), with some knowledge of SAGE Intacct, Microsoft Dynamics or another financial management/ ERP software system.
- A persuasive writer who easily navigates social media and creatively approaches advertising and the celebration of the work of the organization
- A hard worker willing to go the extra mile, problem solve, and innovate
- A college graduate.
- Prior experience in a nonprofit or charter school environment is a plus.
What You’ll Do
- Aggressively seek out out government and private funding to meet annual goals
- Expand the school brand, social media presence, and the amount of publicity received in newspapers and the media.
- Create print materials in support and celebration of the work of the school.
- Maintain ownership of all federal, state, local, and private grants across the entire region
- Develop grant budgets in partnership with the Executive Director and align grant goals
- Complete annual grant applications and compliance reporting on all grants
- Monitor grant spending to ensure budget allocations are on track to be fully expended and complete grant amendments when budget changes are necessary
- Complete monthly/quarterly reimbursement requests for various grants
- Maintain awareness and knowledge base of federal guidance and grant rules
- Educate various grant stakeholders on details of grant awards to allow for efficient planning and usage of grants
- Complete various reporting on grant awards to provide accurate revenue projects for overall budgets
- Track grant expenses within accounting system for reporting purposes
- Provide leadership and support on various regional events and initiatives
- Complete additional requests as directed by the Executive Director
Salary is $60,000 - $70,000 and commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop. Along with participating in the mandatory NJ Pension Plan, employees have the choice of enrolling in a pre-tax 403b or post-tax Roth with Democracy Prep.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Back to top