Who You Are
- Someone who shares our unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A strong communicator with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- An expert in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel), with extensive knowledge of QuickBooks or a similar accounting program.
- A problem solver who is eager to grow and learn (required) and proficient in bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles (preferred).
- A college graduate.
What You'll Do
- Manage back office accounting and finance functions for a number of our schools interfacing with school leaders and schools operations staff.
- Perform regular accounts payable and accounts receivable processes, and assist with payroll processing.
- Liaise with school-based staff to ensure our schools are fiscally compliant.
- Coordinate purchasing of materials (e.g. uniforms, supplies & textbooks).
- Execute a high volume of data entry.
Salary range is $45,000 - $55,000 commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top