Who You Are
- Someone who shares our unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A strong communicator with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- An expert in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel), with some knowledge of QuickBooks or a similar accounting program. Experience with Intacct is a plus.
- A problem solver who is eager to grow and learn (required) and proficient in bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles (preferred).
- A college graduate.
What You’ll Do
- Manage back office accounting and finance functions for a number of our schools; interfacing with school leaders and schools operations staff.
- Perform regular accounts payable and accounts receivable processes, and assist with payroll processing.
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Liaise with school-based staff to ensure our schools are fiscally compliant.
- Execute a high volume of data entry.
Salary range is $50,000 - $55,000 commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Back to top