Field Manager (Immediate Hire)
Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
A self-motivated person who is passionate about working with an organization that is trying to change the world.
Someone who knows that expanding a community’s access to a great education is social justice issue and to that end, is committed to educating Ward 8 about options available to them.
You are personable, persuasive, and are skilled and comfortable with traditional person-to-person organizing.
You are adept at building a successful field campaigns. As a result of this mindset, you have experience building relationships with communities and inspiring them to action.
- Advanced proficiency in Spanish.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program.
About the Opportunity
The Field Manager is a part time position that will play an integral role in recruitment and enrollment at Democracy Prep by building relationships with communities and supporting enrollment at our schools.
What You’ll Do
- Design a field campaign for enrollment outreach efforts.
- Partner with DPPS senior leaders to design canvassing scripts and a messaging campaign.
- Manage (and potentially help to recruit) a team of canvassers .
- Manage all materials needed for a successful canvass.
- Recruit students within the community by canvassing the area via:
- Tabling and approaching people
- Build relationships with small-business owners, community-based organizations and other learning institutions as needed.
- Collect, record and analyze field data about their interactions and experiences in the community.
- Experience directing field on a political or issues-based campaign required.
- Deep knowledge about the Ward 8 community (from a field campaign perspective) preferred.
- Experience canvassing in urban communities/person-to-person organizing.
- Humility, comfort and excitement about speaking to new people.
- Flexibility in work schedule and an ability to manage time independently.
This is a part time position that has the potential to become full time. Members of the Democracy Prep DREAM Team are provided with a competitive salary commensurate with experience and the technology necessary to succeed.
Democracy Prep Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants including women, people of color, LGBT people and seniors are encouraged to apply.
Additionally, we are always excited to invest in the communities in which we educate, and the perspectives and expertise the people therein. We strongly encourage our neighbors to apply!
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top