About the Opportunity
The Field Manager is a part time position that will play an integral role in recruitment and enrollment at Democracy Prep by building relationships with communities and supporting enrollment at our schools.
Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
A self-motivated person who is passionate about working with an organization that is trying to change the world.
You are personable, persuasive, and are skilled and comfortable with traditional person-to-person organizing.
You are adept at building a successful field campaigns. As a result of this mindset, you have experience building relationships with communities and inspiring them to action.
- Advanced proficiency in Spanish.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program.
What You’ll Do
- Design a field campaign for enrollment outreach efforts.
- Partner with DPPS senior leaders to design canvassing scripts and a messaging campaign.
- Manage (and potentially help to recruit) a team of canvassers .
- Manage all materials needed for a successful canvass.
- Recruit students within the community by canvassing the area via:
- Tabling and approaching people
- Build relationships with small-business owners, community-based organizations and other learning institutions as needed.
- Collect, record and analyze field data about their interactions and experiences in the community.
- Experience directing field on a political or issues-based campaign required.
- Deep knowledge about the Ward 8 community (from a field campaign perspective) preferred.
- Experience canvassing in urban communities/person-to-person organizing.
- Humility, comfort and excitement about speaking to new people.
- Flexibility in work schedule and an ability to manage time independently.
This is a part time position that has the potential to become full time. Members of the Democracy Prep DREAM Team are provided with a competitive salary commensurate with experience and the technology necessary to succeed.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Back to top