Family Impact Coordinator - Immediate Hire
About the Opportunity
Democracy Prep is looking for a self-motivated person who is passionate about working with an organization that is trying to change the world. This person understands that maintaining strong relationships with our families is critical to our scholars' success and creating opportunities for our families to build, learn and grow together is central to making a positive impact in the communities in which our schools thrive. The Family Impact Coordinator (FIC) will play an integral role in family engagement at Democracy Prep by owning and completing of a variety of organizing, administrative and professional duties to support our families.
Who We're Looking For
First and foremost, we're looking for people who share our unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars. Beyond that, we want people who are hungry, humble, and smart. Our FIC are skilled communicators who care deeply about educational equity and building lasting relationships with families through engagement at every point in their Democracy Prep scholars' experience, from enrollment to attendance.
What Does the FIC do?
The FIC will understand their school's culture and needs and assist in building a positive experience for the school's families through:
- Supporting and creating opportunities for families to feel welcomed into the schools' existing culture, including managing campus open houses, family leadership council meetings, etc.
- Supporting an efficient enrollment season from start to finish including:
- Notifying lottery applicants of their status
- Waitlist management during the enrollment season, including phone and email contact with lottery applicants
- Maintaining student file management
- Administrative support for the school operations team
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced proficiency in Spanish and/or French communication preferred
- Two years canvassing or organizing experience preferred
- Unwavering commitment to the mission and core values of Democracy Prep
- Basic Excel skills
- Extreme comfort speaking with new people on the phone or in person
- Humility and excitement in making schools an inviting and supportive space for Democracy Prep families
Starting salary is $42,500 - $47,500 commensurate with your experience.
Democracy Prep staff members are provided with a competitive salary, full benefits, and a working environment that includes all the necessary technology and resources to succeed.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top