Family Engagement and Enrollment Senior Manager
The mission of our schools is to educate responsible citizen scholars for success in the college of their choice and a life of active citizenship. Core to achieving this mission is building high-quality relationships with families and supporting enrollment at our schools.
Who You Are
- An education advocate with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars
- An organized relationship builder with a deep passion for partnering with families
- A highly skilled communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- An exceptional team player with the ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders in service of scholar achievement
- An organized leader with an acute attention to detail who can execute multiple projects concurrently
- A high energy professional who will lead successful family engagement and student recruiting events during the evenings and weekends. This typically involves 1-2 events per month but varies based on the student enrollment season.
- An experienced user of various social media platforms
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s Degree program (required)
- An innovator who is willing to think outside of the box and work with multiple stakeholders to achieve necessary results.
What You’ll Do
- In partnership with the NJ Executive Director and the External Affairs team, strategize and implement a multi-channel plan to ensure that Freedom Prep Charter Schools (K-12) are fully enrolled by August 1st
- Establish and maintain positive rapport with students, families, and community stakeholders in service of the mission and to increase student retention
- Generate conversations and track interactions with all families throughout the year that promote a scholar’s academic, social, and emotional development
- Navigate the continuity of incoming and outgoing enrollment-related information in a systematic, efficient, and resourceful manner
- In collaboration with the NJ Executive Director and External Affairs team, manage a streamlined and best-in-class student enrollment process that includes communicating with families, managing waitlists, and maintaining students’ files
- Develop reports around enrollment data to inform strategic planning
- With direction from the NJ Executive Director and External Affairs team, manage the efficacy of the canvassing team and ensure they are equipped to meet enrollment targets.
- Coach and support the Recruitment and Enrollment Manager to meet professional growth and established benchmarks for scholar recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- With the External Affairs team, develop a dynamic and engaging presence across various social media platforms to build Freedom Prep’s reputation in the community and engage with families.
- In collaboration with the NJ Executive Director, build out the yearly plan of family engagement events and drive the team’s plan implementation in an effort to support the school’s culture and visibility in the community
Salary is commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop. Along with participating in the mandatory NJ Pension Plan, employees have the choice of enrolling in a pre-tax 403b or post-tax Roth with Democracy Prep.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertise, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Back to top