Facilities Crew Member (Part Time)
- Camden, NJ
Who You Are:
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a diverse staff
- Analytical problem-solver and solutions-oriented strategic thinker who overcomes difficult challenges
- Professional demeanor, strong work-ethic, detail-driven work style with excellent organizational skills
- Ambitious nature interested in growing and reaching high standards professionally
- Committed to getting the job done well, no matter what the obstacles or how long it takes
- Experience with cleaning equipment and facilities management required (full-time) preferred (part-time).
What You’ll Do:
- Clean, move and arrange furnishings, supplies, and equipment as directed.
- Clean floors via sweeping, dry mopping, wet mopping and waxing.
- Keep manager informed about ongoing activities and issues.
- Proactively maintains a building aesthetic by proactively upkeeping the campus' image and safety with an eye for the small details.
- Anticipate and replenish consumable supplies to avoid work schedule interruptions.
- Help with the receipt of delivery of ordered goods to each campus. Comply with safety and environmental regulations. Ensure that supplies are labeled and stored safely.
- Perform repairs. Consult with manager to schedule major repairs and ensure compliance with building codes and ADA accessibility standards.
- Deal with unexpected situations (e.g., accidents, equipment failure, etc.). Follow approved safety procedures to clean up injuries involving chemicals, solvents, blood, body fluids and/or body tissues.
- Participate in occupational safety and health training programs as directed.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance activities (e.g., replaces filters, cleans equipment, prepares items for storage, etc.).
- Pick-up and deliver equipment, materials, and other supplies as directed.
- Check daily schedule and coordinate preparation and clean-up activities for building events.
- Monitor building conditions. Report suspected problems and/or unsafe conditions (e.g., unusual odors, discolorations, noises, leaks, etc.)
- Anticipate and prepare for fire, health, and safety inspections. Monitor safety equipment (e.g., electrical, lighting, alarm systems, etc.) as directed. Maintain clear routes for emergency egress.
- Take appropriate action to protect property. Ensure that assigned areas are secured at the end of the day. Respond to emergencies as needed.
- Prepare/maintain accurate records. Submit required paperwork on time.
- Take the initiative to perform routine responsibilities independently.
- Perform other specific job-related duties as directed.
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Tuberculosis (TB) Test
- Provide past employer information and pass reviews per the guidelines of New Jersey’s Sexual Misconduct/Child Abuse Law - P.L. 2018, c. 5.
- Stand and walk for the duration of the work period
- Lift up to and in excess of 40 lbs
Members of the Freedom Prep DREAM Team are provided with a competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Back to top