ELL and Bilingual Program Manager
- Camden, NJ
The NJ ELL and Bilingual Program Manager provides ELL scholar oversight and guidance in planning, implementing, and supporting English Language Learner/Bilingual programming across Freedom Prep schools in conjunction with the Executive Director and Freedom Prep Special Education Manager.The ELL and Bilingual Program Manager is tasked with implementing ELL best practices in accordance with federal law. Additionally, this person collaborates with school leadership, the Special Education Manager, teachers, social workers, and operations staff in meeting the needs of all ELL scholars.
Who You Are:
- A compliance-driven manager, with understanding of and insight around English Language Learner policies under federal and state law
- An experienced teacher who has worked with English Language Learners and has knowledge and understanding of curriculum modifications, instructional best practices, and interventions.
- A solutions-oriented multitasker with strong administrative and organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines.
- A strong communicator and collaborator who understands how to work with a variety of stakeholders.
- A tech-literate educator with the ability to quickly learn and implement a variety of educational software.
- An experienced program manager who is excited about strategically scaling our bilingual and ELL supports.
- A bilingual (Spanish-English) speaker, writer, reader, and listener (required).
- A New Jersey licensed bilingual teacher.
What You’ll Do:
- ELL identification, including administration of or coordination of bilingual interviews, contacting prior school districts for scores, and W-APT/WIDA Screener administration.
- Oversight of annual ELL assessment, including WIDA ACCESS for ELLs.
- Oversee the school-based exam translation request process
- Facilitate planning modification conversations and support the development of teachers and their ability to best support ELLs through professional development
- Attend off-site ELL professional development opportunities and NJ DOE regional ESL meetings
- Lead bilingual hiring with Recruitment Associate
- Complete the NJ DOE bilingual waiver and all required Bilingual program documentation each year
- Plan and facilitate ESL parent council meetings and events
- Support with translation and interpretation as needed for communications with families
Salary is $50,000 - $60,000 and commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop. Along with participating in the mandatory NJ Pension Plan, employees have the choice of enrolling in a pre-tax 403b or post-tax Roth with Democracy Prep.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Back to top