Director of Curriculum and Instruction
About the Opportunity
The Director of Curriculum and Instruction will play a vital role in ensuring the quality and alignment of Democracy Prep’s internal curricular program. This person will work with members of the Academic Team, School Leaders, and classroom teachers to ensure that curriculum is appropriately aligned to the demands of state exams. The DCI will provide teacher coaching, professional development, and will work with teachers and staff members to modify curricular resources as needed. This person will be an expert on the Common Core, state exams, and instructional methods.
Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A passionate educator with experience in curriculum design and the Common Core.
- Someone with strong classroom teaching and instructional leadership experience.
- You have superior attention to detail and excellent organizational and communication skills.
- You demonstrate a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
What does the DCI do?
- Research and provide nuanced information on state exams and requirements.
- Collaborate with teachers, school leaders, and members of the Curriculum Team to make adjustments to curricular resources to meet these demands.
- Work with school leaders to plan targeted professional development for teachers.
- Coach individual teachers on an as needed basis to build their understanding of regional/state exams and the Common Core.
Salary range is commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Back to top