About the Opportunity
Democracy Prep Public Schools is looking for a hard working individual who can work on multiple facilities projects simultaneously. This person will work primarily alone, with assistance available where needed, working to beautify, repair and upgrade 12 schools in Harlem and the Bronx.
Who We're Looking For
A successful Custodian is someone who receives problems and finds solutions. We are looking for someone with the skill set and breadth of knowledge to determine and perform fixes to improve our school building facilities.
What does the Custodian do?
The Custodian contributes to our mission by:
- Creates and maintains a beautiful safe and functional space where scholars can learn
- Carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, tiling, demo, etc
- Sees an issue, understands the next steps to be taken, and is ready to take those steps
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, painting, flooring, construction/carpentry skills
- Able to work with others that have varying skill sets
- Solution Oriented
- Knowledge of Tools and Construction
Required Education and Experience
- References Required
- We will ask for examples of your work
- Experience working in Department of Education Buildings is a plus
Democracy Prep staff members are provided with a competitive salary, full benefits, and a working environment that includes all the necessary technology and resources to succeed.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top