Charter Systems Manager (2018-19 SY)
Who You Are
- A humble, resourceful, highly-organized, gritty and likeable professional who would like to serve as a Charter Systems Manager for our two campuses of Democracy Prep Baton Rouge Charter School
- Able to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively to multiple stakeholders and audiences
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Highly proficient with MS Suite and Google Docs, and/or willing to take advantage of working with a computer programmer
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical-thinking, and strategic planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take initiative
- Absolute commitment to the mission of Democracy Prep
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program
- Two years related work experience
- Preferably, previous teaching experience or Master’s degree
Presently, we serve ~300 scholars in an Elementary School (Grades K-2), and Middle School (Grades 5-8) campus. However, in the 2018-19 scholar year, we'll grow to serve scholars K-8. The Charter Systems Manager would both work as a manager of several service staff members and, at times, partner with principal-designated campus-based liaisons.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate facilities and security support services, including emergency management, to ensure a clean, safe and well-maintained space for our campuses.
- Coordinate facilities and security support services that cross our two school campuses and that involve external parties and vendors.
- Coordinate daily and special scholar transportation services.
- Manage the provision of Data and Technology services to our two campuses.
- Coordinate charter-wide state assessment compliance.
- Coordinate charter-wide Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying compliance.
- Manage the provision of nursing services to our two campuses.
Salary is commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are created to give you an idea of what you might do, but do not dictate responsibilities. Members of the DREAM Team embody an “all hands on deck” mentality and do whatever it takes to get the job done regardless of title!
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top