- Baton Rouge, LA
Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A proactive individual who knows that expanding a community’s access to a great education is social justice issue and to that end, is committed to educating communities about options available to them.
- A dedicated individual with experience working on a political or issues-based campaign, canvassing in urban communities/person-to-person organizing.
- Advanced proficiency in Spanish and/or French.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s Degree program is preferred
What You’ll Do
- Recruiting students within the community by canvassing the area via:
- Tabling and approaching people
- Building relationships with small-business owners, community-based organizations and other learning institutions as needed
- Collecting and recording data about their interactions and experiences in the community
- Candidate must have reliable transportation and be able to travel to Canvassing locations
Salary is hourly and commensurate with experience.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Back to top