The mission of our schools is to educate our scholars for success in the college of their choice and a life of active citizenship. Core to achieving this mission is educating global citizens with a rigorous education that values multilingualism, multiliteracy, and multiculturalism. Our bilingual teachers help ensure that we are meeting the needs of all of our scholars.
Who You Are
- An educator with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- An outstanding classroom teacher who holds scholars to consistently high behavioral and academic expectations through high support.
- A self-reflective and self-aware teammate who is dedicated to aligning their classroom to Democracy Prep's commitment to antiracism and who is eager to use these skills to contribute to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- A results-driven assessor with experience in and commitment to the use of data analysis to drive instructional decisions and teacher accountability.
- A fully bilingual (Spanish and English) math and/or reading educator with a passion for encouraging bilingualism, biliteracy, and biculturalism in our scholars as a vehicle for global citizenship.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program (required), with 2 years of urban teaching experience and state certification (preferred).
What You’ll Do
- Cultivate the social-emotional well-being of all scholars by building a positive classroom culture that employs high expectations, high support, and leverages strong partnerships with scholars, their families, and the school's scholar support team.
- Create an inclusive classroom and school community by engaging in training, reflection, and dialogue around issues of race, identity, diversity, equity, and inclusion for our staff and scholars.
- Implement a coherent, research-based bilingual math and/or reading curriculum with support from our network Assistant Director of Multilingual Education.
- Develop and use a variety of assessment data to refine curricula and instructional practice.
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with scholars, families, and colleagues.
- Continuously improve your professional practice through weekly coaching sessions, professional development, and data-driven reflection.
- Foster a life of active community engagement for all scholars through the implementation of age-appropriate conversations and activities centered on current events, participation in community service and outreach opportunities, and active celebration of scholars' culture, heritage, and identity.
- Engage in whole-school events and tasks, including transitions, family conferences, tutoring, and other activities/duties as needed and assigned by school leadership.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop. Along with participating in the mandatory TRS, employees have the choice of enrolling in a pre-tax 403b or post-tax Roth with Democracy Prep.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.