Behavioral Support Specialist (Middle School) - Immediate Hire
Who We're Looking For
First and foremost, we're looking for people who share our unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars. Beyond that, we want people who are hungry, humble, and smart. Our Behavioral Support Specialists are people with a passion for mentoring youth and helping them navigate a "no excuses" student culture.
What does the Behavioral Support Specialist do?
- Create, monitor and sustain a disciplined school culture of high academic and behavioral standards.
- Implement consistent school-wide management practices for all students and individualized management plans incorporating discipline, structure, appropriate incentives, and high expectations.
- Assume personal responsibility for the academic and social progress of all students.
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families and colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree
- School-based experience preferred
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a diverse team of teachers and administrators.
- Passionately dedicated to Democracy Prep's mission and a steadfast belief that all students deserve preparation for the college of their choice and active citizenship.
Salary range is $38,250 - $42,300 commensurate with your experience.
Democracy Prep staff members are provided with full benefits, and a working environment that includes all the necessary technology and resources to succeed.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top