Behavioral Support Specialist (Immediate Hire)
Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A professional with a proven ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a diverse team of teachers and administrators.
- A youth mentor with the skills to help students navigate a “no excuses” school culture.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program (required), with prior school-based work experience (preferred).
What You’ll Do
- Create, monitor and sustain a disciplined school culture of high academic and behavioral standards.
- Implement consistent school-wide management practices for all students and individualized management plans incorporating discipline, structure, appropriate incentives, and high expectations.
- Assume personal responsibility for the academic and social progress of all students.
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families and colleagues.
Salary range is $45,000-$55,000 commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top