Behavioral Support Specialist (Immediate Hire)
Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A professional with a proven ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a diverse team of teachers and administrators.
- A youth mentor with the skills to help students navigate a “no excuses” school culture.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program (required), with prior school-based work experience (preferred).
- Spanish fluency a plus
What You’ll Do
- Create, monitor and sustain a disciplined school culture of high academic and behavioral standards.
- Implement consistent school-wide management practices for all students and individualized management plans incorporating discipline, structure, appropriate incentives, and high expectations.
- Assume personal responsibility for the academic and social progress of all students.
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families and colleagues.
This is a part-time role. Hourly rate is $19 - $24 commensurate with your experience.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
See Inside the Office of Democracy Prep Public Schools
Founded in 2005, Democracy Prep is on a mission to educate responsible citizen-scholars for a life of active citizenship. Built on a “no excuses” model, Democracy Prep’s network of schools serves over 5,000 scholars who prove year after year that demographics do not determine destiny, and that low-income students can be successful in the college of their choice.
Back to top