Behavioral Support Specialist (2018-19 School Year)
Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A professional with a proven ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a diverse team of teachers and administrators.
- A youth mentor with the skills to help students navigate a “no excuses” school culture.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program (required), with prior school-based work experience (preferred).
What You’ll Do
- Create, monitor and sustain a disciplined school culture of high academic and behavioral standards.
- Implement consistent school-wide management practices for all students and individualized management plans incorporating discipline, structure, appropriate incentives, and high expectations.
- Assume personal responsibility for the academic and social progress of all students.
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families and colleagues.
Salary range is competitive and commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, competitive retirement plan, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top