Who You Are
- A leader and education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A self-reflective and self-aware teammate who is dedicated to aligning their classroom to Democracy Prep's commitment to antiracism and who is eager to use these skills to contribute to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Have a clear track record of raising student achievement in an urban classroom for at least two years.
- Proven teacher leader with experience leading or coaching adults as grade level leader, content area lead, or other campus-based leadership role.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program.
What You’ll Do
- Work collaboratively with the school leader in support of the attainment of campus-specific goals and initiatives.
- Provide strong instructional coaching to teachers that moves the needle on scholar achievement; evaluating lesson plans, observing classes, and leading professional development on a regular basis.
- In collaboration with the school leader, manage student disciplinary issues, oversee the organization of school-wide events, and support the school leader in all issues relating to the successful operation of the school.
- Assist in managing, evaluating, and implementing clear and effective procedures for the operation and functioning of the school including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, advisory and Town Hall programming, and discipline systems.
- Support teachers and staff in the analysis and use of data to drive instruction.
Democracy Prep staff members are provided with a competitive salary, full benefits, and a working environment that includes all the necessary technology and resources to succeed.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Back to top